Terms and conditions
- Terms and Conditions
- Use of Website
- You must not use the website in any way that causes damage or impairment to its availability or access.
- You must not use this website for any unlawful or harmful activity or in connection with any lawful or harmful activity.
- You may not use this website for marketing activities without the prior written consent of the British Flute Society.
- The British Flute Society reserves the right to edit or delete any material posted on the website which it considers inappropriate or unsuitable.
The British Flute Society does not accept responsibility for the accuracy or veracity of the content of other websites linked to this website by way of hypertext link. The Council of the British Flute Society does not accept responsibility for the consequences of any action taken in reliance of external websites.
Unless otherwise stated, all material and content on the website, is the property of the British Flute Society and is protected by copyright - © British Flute Society. No written material may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or means without the prior written permission of the British Flute Society.
- Membership Regulations and Membership Accounts
- The British Flute Society reserves the right to restrict certain areas of the website eg for the use of members of the society.
- Members of the British Flute Society are provided with identification and password details in order to gain access to restricted areas of the website. All such details are confidential and must not, in any circumstances, be disclosed to third parties. An individual member is solely responsible for any activity in his or her account.
- Members of the British Flute Society must keep the society informed of any changes to personal details such as name and address either online, by post or by e-mail. In the event that a change of address alters the postal region of the subscription (UK, Europe or World) then the appropriate additional payment will be due to continue receiving the quarterly journal.
- A member may cancel their membership and receive a full refund as long as they have not received their first copy of the quarterly journal or participated in any event for which they have needed membership. Refunds will not be given for cancellation part way through the membership year.
- The British Flute Society will send out renewal reminders to all members by post or e-mail one month prior to the subscription end date. If a member does not wish to renew their membership they must inform the Membership Secretary either by e-mail or post as soon as possible. A member's subscription shall be deemed to have lapsed if their renewal has not been received by the end of the subscription year.
- Data Protection
The British Flute Society maintains a database which is processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988. The database comprises personal details and information provided by members of the British Flute Society, including any such information provided by electronic means. The British Flute Society holds and maintains the information contained within the database purely for the administration of the Society. Any personal information will not be released to a third party without the prior written consent of the member or members concerned. Personal data of members whose membership has lapsed will be deleted after three years.
- Amendment of Terms and Conditions
The British Flute Society reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions subject to seven days' written notification on this website.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
4 November 2011